Definitions and Interpretation
In these Terms and Conditions, unless the context otherwise requires, the following expressions have the following meanings:
|"Account"||Means an account required to access and use Our Web App, as detailed in Clause 4;|
means any and all text, images, audio, video, scripts, code, software, databases and any other form of information capable of being stored on a computer that appears on, or forms part of, Our Web App;|
means the contract between Us and you for the purchase and sale of a Subscription to Our Web App, as explained in Clause 6;|
|"Order"||means your order for a Subscription;|
|“Subscription Confirmation”||means Our acceptance and confirmation of your Order;|
means a subscription to access Our Web App, purchased in accordance with these Terms and Conditions;|
|"User"||means a user of Our Web App;|
means personal and/or company details and company website URL’s, email addresses, post codes and company names, created and/or uploaded by Users in or to Our Web App; and|
means 8LEGS Technology Ltd, a limited company registered in England under company number 4938619, whose registered address is 3rd Floor, 5-10 Bury Street, London, EC3A 5AT, United Kingdom.|
Information About us
Our Web App is owned and operated by 8LEGS Technology Ltd, a limited company registered in England under company number 4938619, whose registered address is 3rd Floor, 5-10 Bury Street, London, EC3A 5AT, United Kingdom. Our VAT number is 245 9568 63.
Access and Changes to Our Web App
- Access to Our Web App requires a Subscription. Upon purchasing a Subscription, Our Web App will be available to you for the duration of that Subscription and any and all subsequent renewals.
- We may from time to time make changes to Our Web App:
- Minor changes may be required to make underlying technical alterations, for example, to fix an error or to address a security issue. We will inform you by email or by notification on our website support portal of any such changes (including, if applicable, anything that you need to do), however they will be unlikely to materially affect your use of Our Web App;
- Minor changes may be made to reflect changes in the law or other regulatory requirements. We will inform you by email or by notification on our website support portal of any such changes (including, if applicable, anything that you need to do), however they will be unlikely to materially affect your use of Our Web App; and
- As detailed in our website updates, information emails and support portal, we will continue to develop and improve our Web App over time, in some cases making significant changes to it. You will be kept fully informed of any and all such changes.
We will always aim to ensure that Our Web App is available at all times. In certain limited cases, however, We may need to temporarily suspend availability to make certain changes outlined under sub-Clause 3.2. Unless We are responding to an emergency or an urgent issue, We will inform you in advance of any interruptions to the availability of Our Web App. If We need to suspend Our Web App for longer than 24 hours, We will add the corresponding time to the duration of your current Subscription period at no cost to you, rounded up to a full day in each case. If We need to suspend Our Web App for longer than 24 hours you may also have a right to cancel. Please refer to sub-Clause 8.4.5 for details.
- An Account is required to use Our Web App.
- You may not create an Account if you are utilising our Web App to re-sell the information provided by our service. We do not allow the use of our Web App by any 3rd party re-seller. We continually monitor the use of our Web App and will immediately close down any Account created which we deem to be in breach of our terms. No refund will be provided if these terms are breached.
- When creating an Account, the information you provide must be accurate and complete. If any of your information changes at a later date, it is your responsibility to ensure that your Account is kept up-to-date.
- We recommend that you choose a strong password for your Account, consisting of a combination of lowercase and uppercase letters, numbers, and symbols. It is your responsibility to keep your password safe. You must not share your Account with anyone else. If you believe your Account is being used without your permission, please contact Us immediately. We will not be liable for any unauthorised use of your Account.
- You must not use anyone else’s Account without the express permission of the User to whom the Account belongs. You must not use anyone else’s account if the account is not registered in your company name.
- Any personal information provided in your Account will be collected, used, and held in accordance with your rights and Our obligations under the Data Protection Act, as set out in Clause 21.
- If you wish to close and delete your Account, you may do so at any time by contacting us via our support portal or by email. Closing your Account will result in the removal of your information from Our system. If you have an active Subscription, your Account will remain active for the duration of the remainder of the Subscription period you are currently in. Closing your Account will cancel the auto-renewal of your Subscription, where applicable. Closing your Account will also remove any User Content that you have created or uploaded from Our system.
Subscriptions, Pricing and Availability
- We make all reasonable efforts to ensure that all general descriptions of the services available from Us (specifically, Our Web App) correspond to the actual services that will be provided to you.
- Where appropriate, you may be required to select your required Subscription. Different types of Subscription provide access to different features in Our Web App. Please ensure that you select the appropriate Subscription when prompted.
- All pricing information is correct at the time of going online. We reserve the right to change prices and to add, alter, or remove special offers from time to time and as necessary. Changes will not affect Subscriptions that have already been purchased, but may affect renewals of Subscriptions.
- The pricing displayed does not include VAT and VAT will be added at the current at the checkout stage of the registration. VAT is only charged for UK customers and zero rate VAT is applied for European customers who hold a VAT registration number.
Subscriptions – How Contracts Are Formed
- You will be guided through the Subscription process when you make a purchase. Before confirming a purchase, you will be given the opportunity to review your chosen Subscription and amend any errors in your Order. Please ensure that you check carefully before confirming your purchase.
- No part of Our Web App, website or any other material constitutes a contractual offer capable of acceptance. By purchasing a Subscription, you are making Us a contractual offer that We may, at Our sole discretion, accept. Our acceptance is indicated by Us sending you a Subscription Confirmation by email. Only once We have sent you a Subscription Confirmation will there be a legally binding contract between Us and you (“the Contract”).
- Subscription Confirmations contain the following information:
- Confirmation of your chosen Subscription including full details of the main characteristics and features of Our Web App available as part of that Subscription;
- Fully itemised pricing, including, where appropriate, taxes and other additional charges;
- Details of the duration of your Subscription including the start date and the end and/or renewal date;
- If We do not accept or cannot process your Subscription purchase for any reason, no payment will be taken under normal circumstances. If We have taken payment in such circumstances, the payment will be refunded to you as soon as possible and in any event within 5 working days.
- Subject to the cancellation provisions in Clause 8, once you have confirmed your Subscription purchase, your Subscription cannot be changed until the end or renewal date of that Subscription. Changes made to an auto-renewing Subscription will take effect when the Subscription is renewed.
- By purchasing a Subscription, you are expressly requesting that you wish access to Our Web App to be made available to you immediately. Please be aware that We do not offer any Subscriptions that do not begin immediately. For more details of cancellation, please refer to Clause 8.
- Payment for Subscriptions will be due at the time of purchase. Your chosen payment method will be billed immediately upon confirmation of your Subscription.
- We accept all major credit and debit cards as methods of payment.
- You may cancel at any time in the following limited circumstances and you may be entitled to a full or partial refund for services or digital content not provided:
- We have incorrectly described Our Web App or it is faulty (please refer to Clause 16 for more details); or
- We have informed you of an upcoming change to Our Web App or to these Terms and Conditions that you do not agree to; or
- We have informed you of an error in the price or description of your Subscription or Our Web App and you do not wish to continue; or
- There is a risk that the availability of Our Web App may be significantly delayed due to events outside of Our control; or
- We have informed you that We have suspended, or are planning to suspend, availability of Our Web App for a period greater than 24 hours; or
- We have breached these Terms and Conditions or have in any way failed to comply with Our legal obligations to you.
- Auto-renewing Subscriptions can be cancelled at any time, however, no refunds can be provided and you will continue to have access to Our Web App for the duration of the remainder of the Subscription period you are currently in. Cancelling an auto-renewing Subscription only prevents it from being auto-renewed.
- To cancel a Subscription for any reason, please inform us using one of the following methods:
- By telephone using the various numbers displayed on our website; or
- By email at email@example.com
- Any and all refunds due to you will be made no later than 14 calendar days after the date on which We acknowledge your cancellation. Refunds will be made to your original payment method.
- In certain limited circumstances where we deem that you are in breach of our terms We may cancel your Subscription and/or close your Account. If We take such action, you will be notified by email and We will provide an explanation for the cancellation and/or closure.
- If your Account is closed and your Subscription cancelled because you have breached these Terms and Conditions, you will not be entitled to a refund.
Our Intellectual Property Rights and Licence
- We grant Users a limited, non-exclusive, revocable, worldwide, non-transferable licence to use Our Web App to collect job data displayed on company websites for business purposes, subject to these Terms and Conditions.
- Subject to the licence granted to Us under sub-Clause 12.3, Users retain the ownership of copyright and other intellectual property rights in their User Content (subject to any third party rights in that User Content and the terms of any licence under which you use such Content).
- All other Content included in Our Web App (including all user-facing material, and all underlying material such as code, software and databases) and the copyright and other intellectual property rights in that Content, unless specifically labelled otherwise, belongs to or has been licensed by Us. All Content is protected by applicable United Kingdom and international intellectual property laws and treaties.
- By accepting these Terms and Conditions, you hereby undertake:
- Not to copy, download or otherwise attempt to acquire any part of Our Web App;
- Not to disassemble, decompile or otherwise reverse engineer Our Web App;
- Not to allow or facilitate any use of Our Web App that would constitute a breach of these Terms and Conditions; and
- Not to embed or otherwise distribute Our Web App on any website, ftp server or similar.
Links to Our Web App
- You may link to where Our Web App is hosted provided that:
- You do so in a fair and legal manner;
- You do not do so in a manner that suggests any form of association, endorsement or approval on Our part where none exists;
- You do not use any of Our logos or trade marks (or any others displayed on Our Web App) without Our express written permission; and
- You do not do so in a way that is calculated to damage Our reputation or to take unfair advantage of it.
- You may not link to any page other than the homepage of Our Web App www.8legs.com. Deep-linking to other parts of Our Web App requires Our express written permission.
You may not link to Our Web App from any other website the content of which contains material that:
- Is sexually explicit;
- Is obscene, deliberately offensive, hateful or otherwise inflammatory;
- Promotes violence;
- Promotes or assists in any form of unlawful activity;
- Discriminates against, or is in any way defamatory of, any person, group or class of persons, race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age;
- Is designed or is otherwise likely to threaten, harass, annoy, alarm, inconvenience, upset, or embarrass another person;
- Is calculated or is otherwise likely to deceive another person;
- Is designed or is otherwise likely to infringe (or threaten to infringe) another person’s privacy;
- Implies any form of affiliation with Us where none exists;
- Infringes, or assists in the infringement of, the intellectual property rights (including, but not limited to, copyright, trade marks, patents and database rights) of any other party; or
- Is made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party including, but not limited to, contractual duties and duties of confidence.
- Please note that the content criteria described above in sub-Clause 10.2 OR 10.3 apply only to content over which the owner and/or operator of the website in question has direct control. You will not, therefore, be in breach of these Terms and Conditions if, for example, other users of a website on which you establish a link to Our Web App post content such as comments that violate the above criteria.
Links to Other Content
We may provide links to other content such as websites, web apps and downloadable apps. Unless expressly stated, this content is not under Our control. We neither assume or accept responsibility or liability for such third party content. The provision of a link by Us is for reference only and does not imply any endorsement of the linked content or of those in control of it.
- You agree that you will be solely responsible for any and all User Content that you create or upload using Our Web App. Specifically, you agree, represent and warrant that you have the right to create or upload the User Content and the right to use all materials of which it is comprised and that it will not contravene any aspect of Our Acceptable Usage Policy, detailed in Clause 14.
- You agree that you will be liable to Us and will, to the fullest extent permissible by law, indemnify Us for any breach of the warranties given by you under sub-Clause 12.1. You will be responsible for any loss or damage suffered by Us as a result of such breach.
- You (or your licensors, as appropriate) retain ownership of your User Content and all intellectual property rights subsisting therein. By creating or uploading User Content, you grant Us an unconditional, non-exclusive, fully transferable, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide licence to use, store, archive, syndicate, publish, transmit, adapt, edit, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works from, display, perform and sub-licence your User Content for the purposes of operating Our Web App.
- If you wish to remove User Content, you may do so by cancelling your account and subscription or downgrading to an alternative account. Removing User Content also revokes the licence granted to Us to use that User Content under sub-Clause 12.3. You acknowledge, however, that caching or references to your User Content may not be made immediately unavailable (or may not be made unavailable at all where they are outside of Our reasonable control).
- We may reject, reclassify, or remove any User Content created or uploaded using Our Web App where that User Content, in Our sole opinion, violates Our Acceptable Usage Policy, or if We receive a complaint from a third party and determine that the User Content in question should be removed as a result.
Intellectual Property Rights and User Content
- You may only use Our Web App in a manner that is lawful and that complies with the provisions of this Clause 14. Specifically:
- You must ensure that you comply fully with any and all applicable local, national and international laws and/or regulations;
- You must not use Our Web App in any way, or for any purpose, that is unlawful or fraudulent;
- You must not use Our Web App to knowingly send, upload, or in any other way transmit data that contains any form of virus or other malware, or any other code designed to adversely affect computer hardware, software or any data of any kind; and
- You must not use Our Web App in any way, or for any purpose, that is intended to harm any person or persons in any way.
The following types of User Content are not permitted on Our Web App and you must not create, submit, communicate or otherwise do anything that:
- is sexually explicit;
- is obscene, deliberately offensive, hateful, or otherwise inflammatory;
- promotes violence;
- promotes or assists in any form of unlawful activity;
- discriminates against, or is in any way defamatory of, any person, group or class of persons, race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age;
- is intended or otherwise likely to threaten, harass, annoy, alarm, inconvenience, upset, or embarrass another person;
- is calculated or otherwise likely to deceive;
- is intended or otherwise likely to infringe (or threaten to infringe) another person’s right to privacy;
- misleadingly impersonates any person or otherwise misrepresents your identity or affiliation in a way that is calculated to deceive (obvious parodies are not included within this definition provided that they do not fall within any of the other provisions of this sub-Clause 14.2);
- implies any form of affiliation with Us where none exists;
- infringes, or assists in the infringement of, the intellectual property rights (including, but not limited to, copyright, patents, trade marks and database rights) of any other party; or
- is in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party including, but not limited to, contractual duties and duties of confidence.
We reserve the right to suspend or terminate your Account and/or your access to Our Web App if you materially breach the provisions of this Clause 14 or any of the other provisions of these terms and conditions. Specifically, We may take one or more of the following actions:
- Suspend, whether temporarily or permanently, your Account and/or your right to access Our Web App (for more details regarding such cancellation, please refer to Clause 8);
- Remove any of your User Content which violates this Acceptable Usage Policy;
- Issue you with a written warning;
- Take legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of any and all relevant costs on an indemnity basis resulting from your breach;
- Take further legal action against you as appropriate;
- Disclose such information to law enforcement authorities as required or as we deem reasonably necessary; and/or
- Any other actions which We deem reasonably appropriate (and lawful).
- We hereby exclude any and all liability arising out of any actions (including, but not limited to, those set out above) that We may take in response to breaches of these Terms and Conditions.
- We may feature advertising within Our Web App and We reserve the right to display advertising on the same page as any User Content.
- You agree that you will not attempt to remove or hide any advertising using HTML/CSS or by any other method.
- We are not responsible for the content of any advertising in Our Web App. We will not be responsible for any advertising in Our Web App including, but not limited to, any errors, inaccuracies, or omissions.
Problems with Our Web App
If you have any questions or complaints regarding Our Web App, please email Us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by using any of the methods provided on Our contact page at www.support.8legs.com.
- No part of Our Web App or any accompanying documentation (whether provided in electronic form or otherwise) constitutes advice on which you should rely and is provided for general information purposes only.
- We make no representation, warranty, or guarantee that Our Web App will meet your requirements, that it will be fit for a particular purpose, that it will not infringe the rights of third parties, that it will be compatible with all software and hardware, or that it will be secure.
- We make reasonable efforts to ensure that the content contained within Our Web App is complete, accurate and up-to-date. We do not, however, make representations, warranties or guarantees (whether express or implied) that Our Web App (and the content therein) is complete, accurate or up-to-date.
- We are not responsible for the content or accuracy, or for any opinions, views, or values expressed in any User Content created or uploaded using Our Web App. Any such opinions, views, or values are those of the relevant User, and do not reflect Our opinions, views, or values in any way.
- If you are a business, to the fullest extent permissible by law, We accept no liability for any foreseeable loss in contract, tort (including negligence), for breach of statutory duty, or otherwise arising out of or in connection with the use of (or inability to use) Our Web App or the use of or reliance upon any Content (whether that Content is provided by Us or whether it is User Content) included in Our Web App.
- To the fullest extent permissible by law, We accept no liability to businesses for loss or damage that is not foreseeable.
- To the fullest extent permissible by law, We exclude all representations, warranties, and guarantees (whether express or implied) that may apply to Our Web App or any Content (including User Content) included in Our Web App.
- If you are a business, We accept no liability for loss of profits, sales, business or revenue; loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; loss of anticipated savings; business interruption; or for any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
- We exercise all reasonable skill and care to ensure that Our Web App is free from viruses and other malware. We accept no liability for any loss or damage resulting from a virus or other malware, a distributed denial of service attack, or other harmful material that may adversely affect your hardware, software, data or other material that occurs as a result of your use of Our Web App (including the downloading of any Content (including User Content) from it) or any other website or service that We may provide a link to.
- We neither assume nor accept responsibility or liability arising out of any disruption or non-availability of Our Web App resulting from external causes including, but not limited to, ISP equipment failure, host equipment failure, communications network failure, natural events, acts of war, or legal restrictions and censorship.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions excludes or restricts Our liability in any situation where it would be unlawful for us to do so including fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, for death or personal injury resulting from negligence, or for any other forms of liability which cannot be excluded or restricted by law. For full details of applicable consumers’ legal rights, including those relating to digital content, please contact your local Citizens’ Advice Bureau or Trading Standards Office.
Viruses, Malware and Security
- We exercise all reasonable skill and care to ensure that Our Web App is secure and free from viruses and other malware including, but not limited to, the scanning of any and all User Content for viruses and malware as it is uploaded. We do not, however, guarantee that Our Web App is secure or free from viruses or other malware and accept no liability in respect of the same, as detailed in sub-Clause 18.6.
- You are responsible for protecting your hardware, software, data and other material from viruses, malware and other internet security risks.
- You must not deliberately introduce viruses or other malware, or any other material which is malicious or technologically harmful either to or via Our Web App.
- You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to any part of Our Web App, the server on which Our Web App is stored, or any other server, computer, or database connected to Our Web App.
- You must not attach Our Web App by means of a denial of service attack, a distributed denial of service attack, or by any other means.
- By breaching the provisions of sub-Clauses 19.3 to 19.5 you may be committing a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. Any and all such breaches will be reported to the relevant law enforcement authorities and We will cooperate fully with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. Your right to use Our Web App will cease immediately in the event of such a breach and, where applicable, your Account will be suspended and/or deleted.
Privacy and Cookies
The Use of Our Web App is also governed by Our Privacy and Cookie Policies, displayed on our website at www.8legs.com. These policies are incorporated into these Terms and Conditions by this reference.
- All personal information that We may collect (including, but not limited to, your name and contact details) will be collected, used, and held in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998 and your rights and Our obligations under that Act.
- We may use your personal information to:
- Reply to any communications that you send to Us;
- Send you important notices, as detailed in Clause 22;
- We will not pass your personal information on to any third parties.
Communications from Us
- If you have an Account, We may from time to time send you important notices by email. Such notices may relate to matters including, but not limited to, service changes, changes to these Terms and Conditions, changes to Our Web App, and changes to your Account.
- We will never send you marketing emails of any kind without your express consent. If you do give such consent, you may opt out at any time. Any and all marketing emails sent by Us include an unsubscribe link. If you opt out of receiving emails from Us at any time, it may take up to 10 business days for Us to comply with your request. During that time, you may continue to receive emails from Us.
- For questions or complaints about email communications from Us (including, but not limited to, marketing emails), please contact Us at email@example.com or via our support portal at support.8legs.com.
Other Important Terms
- We may transfer (assign) Our obligations and rights under these Terms and Conditions (and under the Contract, as applicable) to a third party (this may happen, for example, if We sell Our business). If this occurs, you will be informed by Us in writing. Your rights under these Terms and Conditions will not be affected and Our obligations under these Terms and Conditions will be transferred to the third party who will remain bound by them.
- You may not transfer (assign) your obligations and rights under these Terms and Conditions (and under the Contract, as applicable) without Our express written permission.
- The Contract is between you and Us. It is not intended to benefit any other person or third party in any way and no such person or party will be entitled to enforce any provision of these Terms and Conditions.
- If any of the provisions of these Terms and Conditions are found to be unlawful, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by any court or other authority, that / those provision(s) shall be deemed severed from the remainder of these Terms and Conditions. The remainder of these Terms and Conditions shall be valid and enforceable.
- No failure or delay by Us in exercising any of Our rights under these Terms and Conditions means that We have waived that right, and no waiver by Us of a breach of any provision of these Terms and Conditions means that We will waive any subsequent breach of the same or any other provision.
Changes to these Terms and Conditions
- We may alter these Terms and Conditions at any time. Any such changes will become binding on you upon your first use of Our Web App after the changes have been implemented. You are therefore advised to check this page from time to time by visiting www.8legs.com.
- In the event of any conflict between the current version of these Terms and Conditions and any previous version(s), the provisions current and in effect shall prevail unless it is expressly stated otherwise.
To contact Us, please email Us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by using the support portal at support.8legs.com.
Law and Jurisdiction
- These Terms and Conditions and the relationship between you and Us (whether contractual or otherwise) shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, English law.
- If you are a business, any disputes concerning these Terms and Conditions, the relationship between you and Us, or any matters arising therefrom or associated therewith (whether contractual or otherwise) shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
8LEGS Technology Ltd understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your information is used and shared online. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits Our Site and will only collect and use information in ways that are useful to you and in a manner consistent with your rights and Our obligations under the law.
Definitions and Interpretation
In this Policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:
|"Account"||means an account required to access and/or use certain areas and features of Our Site;|
means a small text file placed on your computer or device by Our Site when you visit certain parts of Our Site and/or when you use certain features of Our Site. Details of the Cookies used by Our Site are set out in section 12, below;|
|"Our Site"||means this website, www.8legs.com;|
|"UK and EU Cookie Law"||
means the relevant parts of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended in 2004, 2011 and 2015; and]|
means 8LEGS Technology Ltd, a limited company registered in England under 4938619, whose registered address is 3rd Floor, 5-10 Bury Street, London, EC3A 5AT, United Kingdom.|
Information About Us
Our Site, www.8legs.com, is owned and operated by 8LEGS Technology Ltd, a limited company registered in England under 4938619, whose registered address is 3rd Floor, 5-10 Bury Street, London, EC3A 5AT, United Kingdom. Our VAT number is 245 9568 63.
Scope – What Does This Policy Cover?
What Data Do We Collect?
- business/company name;
- job title;
- contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- demographic information such as post/zip code, preferences and interests;
- financial information such as credit / debit card numbers;
- IP address (automatically collected);
- web browser type and version (automatically collected);
- operating system (automatically collected);
- a list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on Our Site, and the site you exit to (automatically collected);
How Do We Use Your Data?
- All personal data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998. For more details on security see section 6, below.
We use your data to provide the best possible [products and] services to you. This includes:
- Providing and managing your Account;
- Providing and managing your access to Our Site;
- Personalising and tailoring your experience on Our Site;
- Supplying Our services to you;
- Personalising and tailoring Our services for you;
- Responding to communications from you;
- [Supplying you with email marketing & notification emails that you have subscribed to (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by sending an email to email@example.com;
- Market research;
With your permission and/or where permitted by law, We may also use your data for marketing purposes which may include contacting you by email AND/OR telephone AND/OR [post] with information, news and offers on Our services. We will not, however, send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that We fully protect your rights and comply with Our obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998 and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, as amended in 2004, 2011 and 2015.
How and Where Do We Store Your Data?
- We only keep your data for as long as We need to in order to use it as described above in section 5, and/or for as long as We have your permission to keep it.
- Some or all of your data may be stored or transferred outside of the European Economic Area (“the EEA”) (The EEA consists of all EU member states, plus Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein). You are deemed to accept and agree to this by using Our Site and submitting information to Us. If We do store or transfer data outside the EEA, We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated as safely and securely as it would be within the EEA and under the Data Protection Act 1998. Such steps may include, but not be limited to, the use of legally binding contractual terms between Us and any third parties We engage and the use of the EU-approved Model Contractual Arrangements. If We intend at any time to transfer any of your data outside the EEA, We will always obtain your consent beforehand.
- Data security is of great importance to Us, and to protect your data We have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure data collected through Our Site.
- Notwithstanding the security measures that We take, it is important to remember that the transmission of data via the internet may not be completely secure and that you are advised to take suitable precautions when transmitting to Us data via the internet.
Do We Share Your Data?
- We may share your data with other companies in Our group. This includes Our subsidiaries AND/OR Our holding company and its subsidiaries.
- We may sometimes contract with third parties to supply services to you on Our behalf. These may include payment processing, delivery of goods, search engine facilities, advertising and marketing. In some cases, the third parties may require access to some or all of your data. Where any of your data is required for such a purpose, We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data will be handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, Our obligations, and the obligations of the third party under the law.
- We may compile statistics about the use of Our Site including data on traffic, usage patterns, user numbers, sales and other information. All such data will be anonymised and will not include any personally identifying information. We may from time to time share such data with third parties such as prospective investors, affiliates, partners and advertisers. Data will only be shared and used within the bounds of the law.
- In certain circumstances We may be legally required to share certain data held by Us, which may include your personal information, for example, where We are involved in legal proceedings, where We are complying with the requirements of legislation, a court order, or a governmental authority. We do not require any further consent from you in order to share your data in such circumstances and will comply as required with any legally binding request that is made of Us.
What Happens If Our Business Changes Hands?
- In the event that any of your data is to be transferred in such a manner, you will be contacted in advance and informed of the changes.
Your Right to Withhold Information
- You may access certain areas of Our Site without providing any data at all. However, to use all features and functions available on Our Site you may be required to submit or allow for the collection of certain data.
Definitions and Interpretation
|"cookie"||means a small file consisting of letters and numbers that Our Site downloads to your computer or device;|
means a small, transparent image file (usually only 1-pixel x 1-pixel in size) used for tracking user behaviour and activity around Our Site;|
means 8LEGS Technology Ltd, a company registered in England under 4938619, whose registered address is 3rd Floor, 5-10 Bury Street, London, EC3A 5AT.|
We use the following types of cookie:
Strictly Necessary Cookies
A cookie falls into this category if it is essential to the operation of Our Site, supporting functions such as logging in, your shopping basket, and payment transactions.
It is important for Us to understand how you use Our Site, for example, how efficiently you are able to navigate around it, and what features you use. Analytics cookies enable us to gather this information, helping Us to improve Our Site and your experience of it.
Functionality cookies enable Us to provide additional functions to you on Our Site such as personalisation and remembering your saved preferences.
It is also important for Us to know when and how often you visit Our Site, and which parts of it you have used (including which pages you have visited and which links you have clicked on). As with analytics cookies, this information helps us to better understand you and, in turn, to make Our Site and advertising more relevant to your interests.
Any of the above types of cookie may be a persistent cookie. Persistent cookies are those which remain on your computer or device for a predetermined period and are activated each time you visit Our Site.
Any of the above types of cookie may be a session cookie. Session cookies are temporary and only remain on your computer or device from the point at which you visit Our Site until you close your browser. Session cookies are deleted when you close your browser.
We also use web beacons on Our Site to track your navigation around it. As with analytics cookies described above, web beacons help Us to understand how you use Our Site and enable us to improve it in the future.
How You Can Control Cookies
- Internet browsers normally accept cookies by default. You can change these settings if you wish, however please be aware that this is not generally a per-site setting and will prevent all websites from using cookies, not just Ours. Please also be aware that by disabling cookies in your browser, you may impair the functionality of Our Site.
The links below provide instructions on how to control cookies in all mainstream browsers:
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en-GB
- Microsoft Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/278835
- Microsoft Edge: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/products/microsoft-edge (Please note that there are no specific instructions at this time, but Microsoft support will be able to assist)
- Safari (OSX): https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411?viewlocale=en_GB&locale=en_GB
- Safari (iOS): https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201265
- Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
- Android: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid&hl=en (Please refer to your device’s documentation for manufacturers’ own browsers)
- We use web beacons in some of Our emails. We use web beacons to detect when (or whether) you open an email and how you have interacted with it, and other information such as your email client, web browser, computer or device, and IP address. Web beacons may also be used to serve up emails in a particular format that is best suited to your computer or device.
- Emails from Us may contain links. Each one of those links will contain a unique tag which enables Us to track which links are being used and by whom. This information can then be used to improve and tailor our emails in the future.
- For more information about cookies, please visit www.aboutcookies.org (this is an external link and We are not responsible for its content).
- For more information about privacy, data protection and our terms and conditions, displayed on our website at www.8legs.com.